Communications Coordinator (Basics Guilford)
The Communications Coordinator works with the Public Will Building team at Ready for School, Ready for Life, (Ready Ready) to increase use of The Basics as a tool for Guilford County families and caregivers by implementing a countywide marketing campaign and strategic community engagement. The Communications Coordinator is a part-time role up to 20 hours per week.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Marketing and Communications
- Work in collaboration with the Vice President of Public Will-Building, Director of Marketing and Communications, Literacy Coordinator and external vendors to prepare and execute outreach and marketing campaign that aligns with the Ready Ready communications strategy.
- Lead social media engagement by identifying and growing influencers and producing daily content for The Basics Guilford social media channels.
- Develop and implement weekly Basics Tips email marketing.
- Oversee Basics bloggers and ambassadors to create effective communications, drafting blog posts, talking points, briefing materials and other messaging as needed and acting as proofreader/copy editor when requested.
- Manage/update Basics Guilford website copy as needed.
- Develop metrics and track integrated campaign effectiveness.
- Help create materials to promote the Basics Insights texting service to community partners and eventually, the general public.
- Continuously assess and report on the campaign results and implement improvements where necessary.
- Organize and staff community events as needed.
- Coordinate employer outreach with support from Ready Ready’s Literacy Coordinator.
- Assist in planning and implementing special projects.
- Work with organizations that support young children and families.
- Promote Ready Ready and The Basics Guilford.
- Actively participate in the Carolina Basics Collaborative and the Basics Learning Network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or comparable field and a minimum of five years of increasingly responsible professional experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent understanding and command of social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Tik Tok, and experience managing social media accounts on behalf of an organization and/or executive.
- Ability to motivate staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders to collaborate successfully.
- High sense of accountability, be a self-starter and exhibit a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with staff at public agencies, nonprofit service providers, and other stakeholder organizations.
- Positive, problem-solving mindset, combined with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse professionals at all levels of seniority.
- A commitment to Ready for School, Ready for Life’s Values and Principles.
- Supports the Ready ReadyEquity Statement and commits to implementation of the Equity Strategy Plan.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines, coupled with flexibility and willingness to pitch in on occasion for projects differing from daily/standard duties.
- Must have vehicle, license and ability to travel regularly to different sites in and around Guilford County.
- Motivated and results-oriented.
- 2 years experience in a non-profit human services agency or equivalent, preferred.
- High working knowledge and proficiency in utilizing communications tools (Microsoft Office Suite Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), graphic design tools (Canva, Adobe CC), and some photography/video skills (smartphone.)
- Experience with online, cloud-based data platforms preferred.
- Previous experience with marketing, communications, and/or community engagement is highly valued.
- Must have knowledge of early child development.
- Ability to provide communications with an equity lens.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Strong skills in organizing and presenting data.