Please learn about this role by reviewing the description below or click here to see the PDF.
Ready for School, Ready for Life (Ready Ready) is seeking a high-energy, relationship-oriented Integrated Data Systems (IDS) Project Manager to lead cutting-edge work as we build an innovative and connected early childhood system in Guilford County, NC. The IDS Project Manager will have a significant role in implementing the community vision to assess what families want and need, connect them with the right services at the right time, use data to drive improved services, and positively impact the lives of young children and their families.
The IDS Project Manager will coordinate the development, implementation and governance for an integrated data system with two components: (1) a shared case management technology to support coordination of early childhood services in Guilford County, and (2) a data warehouse system to support evaluation and research from a variety of data sources. (Read more below).
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of IDS development and implementation efforts, including stakeholder engagement, communication, oversight of the data license request process, and management of formal governance committees and review processes. The successful candidate will be skilled in developing relationships and have an understanding of social science research approaches and content. He/she will have support from established technical assistance providers, consultants, and peer networks. In the future, the Project Manager may be responsible for building a larger team to support the IDS.
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development of case management technology to support coordination of care. The successful candidate will work with numerous partner agencies/organizations to identify needs and capacities for the shared case management system. He/she will have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential partners, and lead a cross-organizational team to develop a governance structure and tools to ensure data security, an equity approach, and family control of how data is shared.
- Lead development of a data warehouse to support analysis and evaluation. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the data warehouse meets the needs of the Get Ready Guilford Initiative evaluation team. He/she will develop and maintain legal data sharing agreements with existing and potential data partners (governmental agencies and non-profit organizations); generate interest among existing and potential community partners; identify and execute IDS goals; work with others to develop IDS governance policies, processes and supporting documents; and stay up-to-date on literature and best practices surrounding integrated data systems and data use.
- Lead IDS implementation efforts. The Project Manager will work side-by-side with the selected vendor(s). He/she will develop training materials and procedures for the new technology system to ensure high data quality and security; monitor and maintain participation by community partners; and anticipate risks and mitigate them through proactive policies. The successful candidate will coordinate data management and research for the data warehouse; launch and support activities of a Data Oversight Committee; coordinate data license requests; develop/maintain a codebook; and work with national technical assistance providers (e.g., AISP and Third Sector), peer networks and consultants to support implementation of both systems.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years’ work experience
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal)
- Program management experience
- Experience in facilitating meetings with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality while working with administrative records
Desired (but not required) skills include:
- Experience coordinating and managing social science research projects, data collection and management, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Experience with large databases at the national, state and local levels
- Proficiency in R, Python, SQL, SPSS, SAS, or STATA
- Knowledge of federal laws pertaining to individual data usage (HIPAA, FERPA)
INTEGRATED DATA SYSTEM COMPONENTS
- Case management technology: Multiple community-based programs (both public and non-profit) will participate in the system, and it is envisioned that a shared technology will support shared data, effective referral processes, and coordination of services in the interest of providing seamless services to families. Data sharing will be driven by family-centered consent processes and governed by agreements between programs to ensure data security and to protect the privacy of families.
- Data warehouse system: The data warehouse will link and aggregate de-identified data (i.e., data that excludes any identifiable information) from a variety of sources, including administrative data from state and county databases, service data from local programs and, where possible, other systems, such as healthcare and education.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Ready for School, Ready for Life offers a competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health benefits.
This position is located in Guilford County, NC (Greensboro/High Point metro area).
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email at email@example.com and include “IDS Project Manager (Hiring Manager)” in the subject line. We anticipate holding interviews in early November 2018 with a start date in early January 2019.
Ready for School, Ready for Life celebrates, supports and thrives on difference with the understanding that it benefits our team and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all can flourish. Learn more about our work at www.GetReadyGuilford.org.