Ready for School, Ready for Life is hiring an Implementation Manager to oversee and deliver upon the Early Literacy strategies that were developed by the Early Literacy Design Team. See below for a role description and application guidelines.
The Implementation Manager is a member of the Ready for School, Ready for Life (Ready/Ready) team, a backbone organization focused on building an innovative, responsive childhood system in Guilford County, North Carolina. The Ready/Ready team convenes key partners and galvanizes the community to: increase the number of children born healthy; ensure that more infants, toddlers and preschoolers are on track developmentally; and increase the number of children who enter kindergarten ready for school and life success.
The Implementation Manager will manage the implementation of Guilford County’s early literacy strategic plan, which addresses gaps and barriers in the current early childhood system. The plan be found on our website at www.GetReadyGuilford.org.
In this role, a strong knowledge of early literacy is critical, as is the ability to facilitate meetings with community leaders and volunteers, and build and maintain relationships with individuals, families and community based organizations and agencies.
The Implementation Manager will report to the Executive Director and work with local and national partners. With the Executive Director, the Implementation Manager will identify implementation challenges and develop comprehensive solutions to address them. This is a full-time, three-year grant funded position.
The Implementation Manager will manage the ongoing implementation of the early literacy strategic plan for Guilford County. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage processes that support approaches to early literacy for universal services (what every child should get); scale other services based on need of families.
- Work with early literacy/family literacy programs and early childhood programs within Guilford County to ensure those programs have what they need to best support language/communication development for the families they serve.
- Coordinate Active Reading Workshops and monitor fidelity and success measures
- Recruit and train volunteers for Book Brigade and Active Reading to demonstrate the approach with families in targeted settings.
- Build and maintain relationships as well as steward existing partnerships across a broad array of individuals, families, organizations and agencies.
- Facilitate meetings of community leaders and volunteer committees.
- Implement book collection and distribution strategies within the early literacy plan.
- Work closely with Ready/Ready Project Manager to identify, implement and scale Active Reading strategies and evidence-based programs across Guilford County.
- Work closely with Guilford County Schools and other key community partners to ensure consistency in messaging and approach.
- Support the convening and coordination of training, technical assistance, and coaching/mentoring agencies and programs that work in child care settings and community-based service programs to determine available resources and gaps. Identify what additional supports are needed to address identified gaps. Work with Ready/Ready staff to add to the strategic plan to address.
- Monitor progress of early literacy activities including parent engagement and Active Reading strategies within services and formal and informal child care settings.
- Provide updates to the Ready/Ready Board of Directors about progress to date.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ADDITIONAL SKILLS SOUGHT
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Master’s degree preferred) such as public administration, business, communication, liberal arts
- At least five years’ experience working in a facilitation role on community-based projects with multiple team members
- Strong knowledge and understanding about early literacy and early literacy programs
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of Guilford County service providers, early education providers, public agencies, and county-wide systems is preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of the early childhood system is desirable
- Prior experience with management of projects and outcomes is highly desirable
- Ability to work autonomously
- Flexibility and adaptability with changing and emerging work; and
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft desktop programs, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and others.
Salary range is $47,000 – $50,000, plus benefits
Qualified applicants may send a resume and cover letter specifying how your unique qualifications and experience match this role by:
Ready for School, Ready for Life
Attention: Hiring Manager
500 West Friendly Avenue Suite 100
Greensboro, NC 27401
The Partnership for Children of Guilford County (which serves as the employer of Ready for School, Ready for Life staff) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.